Open Position: Technical Writer
Position Summary: We are seeking a full-time or part time technical writer to help us enliven the Gumball.com website.
Technical Writing Responsibilities:
• Create entertaining and original product and category descriptions
• Research and write informative blog posts
• Manage the Gumball.com social media
• College degree required
• Prior writing experience
• Proficiency with software applications such as MS Word and Excel
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make quick decisions
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Self-motivated, independent and team oriented
• Highly organized
• Be willing to "roll up your sleeves" to help out with all aspects of the business
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Business, Marketing, or related field
• Prior ecommerce or website technical writing experience
• Photoshop and graphic design experience
• Bilingual (Spanish a big plus)
To Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume along with cover letter, compensation requirements, and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who currently reside in Orange County will be considered. Please, no phone calls or direct contact at our office.
Writing Sample: For your writing sample, please select a random product from our website and create a new, amusing and original product description for that product.
About Gumball.com: We are a fun and lively e-commerce company based in Irvine, California that sells the most amusing products. Who doesn't love gumballs, candy and gumball machines? We are an independent, family-owned and growing e-commerce retail company. We offer competitive compensation, generous paid time off, paid vacations and a exciting, casual and friendly work atmosphere.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement: Gumball.com is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, religion, age, national origin, disability or other status protected by federal, state, or local law.